Create a Grading Scale
As an admin, you can provide your school with a common grading scale to ensure that marks are aligned for all students. You can set a grading scale as the default for a semester, then further customize it by subject.
- Navigate to your Admin dashboard and select Settings.
- Choose Grading Scales within your Settings options.
- On the Grading Scales tab, click Manage Scales.
- Select the scale you want to use as a template and click Create New From Template.
- You can filter the Grading Scale list by the Curriculum and Instruction set, your own custom set, or a school set. Once you select a grading scale, you can review the grading scale values of your selected scale.
- On the template, click on a cell in the table to start editing the levels and grade range values.
- Enter up to four characters for the levels or letter grade names.
- For the value ranges, numbers must be within a 0 - 100 range. These numerical values represent the minimum values of each grade range.
- To insert additional rows to create more levels/grade ranges, click Add New Grade Row.
- To delete a row, click the trash icon next to the row.
- Enter a Grading Scale ID for your scale. You must have a grading scale ID if you want to use the CSV data sync for classlists. This ID allows you to assign a grading scale to a classlist.
- Click on Save Grading Scale.