Google Drive LTI App
The Google Drive app is a new Resource App from Google, now available in Schoology from the App Center. Resource apps enable you to integrate third-party content directly into the Resource Center. This means that all of your personal, shared, public and external instructional resources are consolidated in one place. With this integration you can:
- Access your Google Drive content from your Schoology Resources.
- Add Google Drive content directly within Schoology and sync to Google Drive.
- Add content from the Google Drive app to a course or resources.
- Import your Google Drive content directly within courses and groups.
- Use as an alternative to the Google Drive Resource App from Schoology.
- Control how users in your organization share Google Drive files.
- Add your Google Drive content to updates, discussions, assignments, pages, and tests.
- Accept submissions from students who are connected to Google Drive.
- The Google Drive app by Google can be used as an alternative to the Google Drive Resource App by Schoology.
- The Google Drive app is a separate app from the Google Assignments App by Google.
Install the Google Resources App for a School
If you're the System Administrator of your school or organization (Enterprise), you can install the Google Drive app for all users from the Schoology App Center.
- Click the App Center icon in the header, then click App Center.
- Find and click the Google Drive LTI app.
- Click Install LTI App.
- Click I Agree to the terms.
- To add the app to your school or organization, select the option to Add to Organization.
- Once you're in the Organization Apps area of the App Center, click Install/Remove and select All Courses to install the app to all courses in your organization.
Optional: Select Course admins only if you only wish for instructors to have access to the app.
- Click Submit.
- Click Configure from the Organization Apps area.
- Enter the Consumer Key and Shared Secret. This can be obtained from the G Suite Admin console.
- Click Save Settings.
- After it is configured and installed, the app is available for teachers and students in the Resources area.
Restrict Sharing Capabilities to Users
System administrators can control how users in their organization share Google Drive files.