Your home page is the first place you'll land every time you log in to Schoology. Your home page may display Recent Activity or a Course Dashboard.
Recent Activity displays all comments and updates pertaining to your schools, courses, and groups. To filter your feed so that it only displays Updates, Polls, or Blog posts, click the Most Recent link and select a filtering option.
The Course Dashboard enables you to display all your courses as a tiled list. Drag and drop the tiles to rearrange the order of your courses on the dashboard. This also rearranges the order in the Courses drop-down menu.
Only the first 12 tiles appear in the Courses drop-down menu.
From the Course Dashboard, click any one of your courses to go directly to its main landing page.
If you would prefer to display the Course Dashboard as your default home page, you can adjust this in your Account Settings.
The To Do section of your home page displays events, assignments, tests/quizzes, and discussions that have an associated due date.
Hover over each item to display the course or group associated with the item, or hover over the clock or exclamation point icons to display when the material is due. If a student has more than 3 overdue items, an option will display to allow the user to access the additional overdue work.
The Recently Completed section displays grade-able materials that have been submitted. Hover over the icons associated with each material to display if the assignment has been graded, and what the percentage grade is for that assignment.
- More than three items will display in the To Do list if they have the same due date.
- Test/Quiz displays in the To Do list when submissions are enabled only.
- Grade Columns and LTI types will only display in Recently Completed once graded.
You may access your personal Calendar via the Calendar link in the Upcoming panel.
Grades and Attendance
Select Grades at the top of Schoology and select either a Grade Report or Attendance.
The Grade Report displays a breakdown of your grades for each course. Click a specific course to display each graded item, your grade, the max points, and any comments from the instructor.
You may also download a Student Report by clicking the button in the top right of the page.
The attendance area displays a record of the days you were marked absent, late, or excused. Instructors can also leave comments, which will appear in the Comments section.
Depending on the settings in place at your school, Grades and some of its contents may not be available to you. Contact your instructor with any questions about which grades appear to students in this area.
Use the Search tool (magnifier icon) to search for your teachers, courses, and groups.
Schoology’s App Center allows your teachers to provide you with access to content and software developed by other companies from directly within the Schoology website.
Depending on the settings in place at your school, the App Center and some of its contents may not be available to you. Contact your instructor with any questions about which apps appear to students in this area.
The Schoology Calendar is an important, organizational element for your connections, courses, and groups. It keeps events and due dates organized and easily accessible. By clicking the Calendar icon at the top of Schoology, you can view events and due dates by the month, week, or day. Each item is color-coded depending on the courses, groups, school, or your own personal events. Due dates for assignments, assessments, and important course-related events are automatically added to your calendar and managed by your instructor.
Create Personal Events
You can add events to your personal calendar by clicking the calendar icon at the top of Schoology.
To create a personal event, follow these steps:
- Select the Calendar icon in the header.
- Click the date to which you'd like to add the event.
- Fill out the Event form.
- Optionally add any documents, links, or resources.
- Click Create to complete.
Once you have created a personal event you can drag-and-drop it to move it to another day on your calendar.
Edit an Event
To modify an existing personal event, follow these steps:
- Click the event you'd like to modify.
- Click Edit Item.
- Once you've finished editing your event, click Save Changes.
Delete an Event
To delete a personal event, follow these steps:
- Click the event you'd like to delete.
- Click View Item.
- Click the gear icon to the right of the event profile.
- Select Delete to remove the event.
Depending on the settings in place at your school, you may be able to receive messages from teachers at your school, and send messages to teachers at your school.
Send a Message
- Click the envelope icon in the header.
- Click New Message from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the recipient's name in the To field. A list of users automatically populates as you type.
- Select the user from the list.
- Enter a subject and message.
- Add optional files, links, or resources.
Click Send to complete.
A recipient name will automatically populate when you enter a teacher's name into the To field. Please wait for the auto-population. If you're not able to send a message to peers or certain users, please talk to your teacher for further advice.
Check New Messages
When you have a new message in your inbox, the Messages icon on the top menu displays an updated number.
- Navigate to your Messages area by clicking the envelope icon on the top menu.
- Click the message you'd like to read. New messages have an indicator to the left of the message.
- To reply to a message, enter a comment in the Message area, and click Send.
Check Sent Messages
- Click the envelope icon in the header.
- Click View All.
- Select the Sent Messages tab.
- To read a message, click into a message you've sent in the past.
Users can search for messages from their inbox.
To search from either the Inbox or Sent Messages tab, enter a keyword in the search field, then press Enter or click the magnifying glass icon.
Notifications display course events in chronological order as well as Requests to RSVP calendar events. New notifications/requests are indicated by a number on the bell icon. Clicking a notification or request will allow you to view the related content.
At the bottom of every Schoology page, the new footer includes the following:
- Language Selector — Use this menu to set the language of your Schoology experience.
- Support Center — Access the Support Center to view your Support Contacts and/or support options, as well as links to the Schoology Help Center and Community forums.
- Schoology Blog — Navigate to our blog, the Schoology Exchange.