Add New Standards
Standards can be added individually or in batches. Before requesting that standards are added, check if they already exist.
If you have a large number of standards that you want to add, provide them to us in the pre-defined format shown below, and we can upload them on your behalf.
Required Formatting for Standards Upload
Standards need to be formatted using the following pattern:
For example, the Virginia Standards of Learning - Grade 8 - Civics and Economics would start like this:
CE.8.1 The student will develop the social studies skills responsible citizenship requires, including the ability to
CE.8.1.a examine and interpret primary and secondary source documents;
CE.8.1.b create and explain maps, diagrams, tables, charts, graphs, and spreadsheets;
CE.8.1.c analyze political cartoons, political advertisements, pictures, and other graphic media;
The code can be any alpha-numeric identifier followed by a space. The remainder of the line will be taken as the description.
It is important that:
- Everything before the first space is the code.
- Everything on the same line after the first space is the description.
- Each standard appears on one single line within the file and does not exceed 1,000 characters.
Ideally, your code:
- Has a representation of the course subject. For example, CE.
- Has a representation of the grade. For example, 8.
- Appropriately represents the hierarchy of the standard set. For example, 1, 1.a, 1.b or 2.1, 2.2, 2.3.
If you are requesting multiple subjects or grades, create a file for each grade and subject. For example, Grade 2 Math standards would be in one file, and Grade 2 Art standards would be in another file.
Here are the example files that you can use to get started:
Once completed, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.