The Key Data Systems (KDS) Inspect Item Bank integration is designed for districts looking for reliable, high-quality content in ELA, Math, History, and Science for grades K-12.
Schoology AMP customers can purchase access to KDS content and use it seamlessly within Schoology. If you are interested in this integration, reach out to your Schoology representative.
Once the integration is enabled for your organization, Inspect Item Bank displays as an option in the menu to associate question banks with a managed assessment in AMP.
Step 1 — Open the Inspect Item Bank from a Managed Assessment
Click Inspect Item Bank to launch the item bank. The Inspect Item Bank displays in a full-screen modal.
Step 2 — Search the Inspect Item Bank
To search for items, choose search criteria from the drop-down menus in the search panel. You can search by Learning Objective, Subject, Question Type, Difficulty, Depth of Knowledge, Bloom’s Taxonomy, Language, and Keyword.
In order for an item to appear in the search results, it must match all search criteria. If no items are returned in the search results, make the query less restrictive by removing some criteria and try again.
Page through the list of results by clicking Next and Previous.
Search by Learning Objective
Begin with the KDS Items by Learning Objectives Report for your state to identify which learning objectives have KDS items aligned for use.
If you do not have your state's standards, reach out to your Schoology representative.
Each document lists the Learning Objective reference. If the Learning Objective is not listed, then there are no KDS items aligned to that standard.
- It is possible to search by a Learning Objective reference that is not aligned and return no results or a list of items that do not align with the Learning Objective for which you searched. Always check the Learning Objective reference from the document to be sure results should populate before you run your search.
- Additionally, it's important to search by the "child" objective in a set of objectives. For example, if you search by "LA.CM.5.1" then results will not include items aligned to "LA.CM.5.1.e." Search by the exact Learning Objective reference as it appears in the document.
To Search by Learning Objective:
- Copy the Learning Objective reference from the standards.
- Paste the exact reference into the Select Learning Objectives field.
- Click the reference when it displays in the drop-down list in the search field.
- Click the title of an item within the search results to preview the item and see all of the Learning Objectives to which the item is aligned.
Search by Reference ID or Keyword
You can also find a specific item by using the item reference ID (for example, E561759), or by typing in a keyword from the item. This reference ID is assigned by KDS.
Step 3 — Preview the Item
Click the item reference number (such as E561759) to preview the item. From the item preview, you can review the item and see the correct answer by clicking Show Answers.
Step 4 — Add the Item to the Managed Assessment
To add an item to the managed assessment, click Add to Assessment. Once the item has been added successfully, you can return to your search results or create a new search.
You can copy text or a passage from any item, then search for similar items using the Keyword search.
To add one or more items directly from the search results, check the item's box and click Add to Assessment.
To exit the Inspect Item Bank and return to the managed assessment, click the X.
Once the items have been added to a managed assessment, you can set the possible points per item, rearrange the items on the assessment, make the assessment as Active and distribute the assessment to courses.