Schoology is committed to removing barriers to effective teaching and learning, and this includes a dedication to providing tools for interoperability between our platform and others being used in our districts' EdTech ecosystem. With this in mind, we've developed the SIS Connect app.
SIS Connect leverages the IMS Global OneRoster standard to roster data from a third-party system and pass grades from Schoology back to that external vendor. This helps to keep roster and grade data in sync between the SIS and Schoology and it removes the need for double-entry data.
What are the requirements for a custom SIS integration?
- Schoology can work with any SIS provider that is either certified in OneRoster or actively working towards certification.
- You must be on OneRoster version 1.1 in order to use the SIS Connect integration.
- As part of the SIS Connect program, we are looking for SIS Partners, not just data sources.
As an SIS partner, we ask that:
- Vendors test the integration in a Schoology sandbox. This is because the SIS provider will have a better understanding of what the data being provided should look like in Schoology.
- Vendors provide assistance during the pilot phase to show joint customers that this is a true partnership
- Provide a path to escalation should issues arise to ensure a great experience for everyone
Additional resources: Schoology OneRoster documentation
To get started, learn more about the status of our current OneRoster and SIS Connect Partners.
- SIS Connect for System Administrators
- SIS Connect for Instructors
- Schoology SIS Connect Rostering and Gradebooks for Developers
If you are an SIS provider who would like to get started with SIS Connect, email SISConnect@schoology.com with answers to the following:
- Users will have to select their SIS. Is there any specific formatting we should use for your company/tool name?
- Are you using OAuth 1 or 2?
- For OAuth 2:
- Are you expecting a specific scope?
- Does your authentication URL follow the recommended pattern from the OneRoster specification? If not, we require users to input an authentication URL during configuration.This URL will need to be provided to customers along with their API URL, ID, and Secret.
Status of SIS integrations
|Independent SIS Partner
|SIS Connect Partner
|Focus School Software
- Enhanced filtering, search, and sorting of materials.
- Scheduled sync.
Available - This integration has been tested and is ready to be used by any mutual customer.
In Pilot - The integration between development environments has been successful. A handful of districts are assisting by helping to test with real data.
In Testing - The vendor has agreed to partner with Schoology. Integration development and/or testing is in progress.
In Contact - Schoology has contacted the vendor to express interest in partnering. No formal work has begun.