The List Column panel in the Query Designer shows columns that are available to add to a metric.
To add a base column to a metric:
- Drag and drop an available column from the Column List to the Chart Data panel into an appropriate category:
- Request Columns: Used as the actual display data on the metric.
- Support Columns: Columns that will not automatically appear on the chart anywhere but will still be returned by the metrics query. You can reference these columns in the chart using field replacement logic to customize various aspects of the chart (colors, tooltips, labels, etc.).
- Filter Columns: Columns used for filtering only. These columns only have their WHERE clause statement used when the metric's query is generated. All other properties defined on the base columns used as Filter columns are ignored.
- Sort Columns: Columns used for sorting only. These columns only have their Order clause statement used when the metric's query is generated. All other properties defined on the base columns used as Sort columns are ignored.
- Split Columns: Used only for highcharts metrics. The data returned by the query is split by the values in these columns and a separate highcharts chart is generated for each value.
- To move a column between categories, click and drag the column to another category.
- Columns are saved on a metric as soon as you drag and drop; there is no Save button.